Friday, June 18, 2010

What are your plans today?

Truly the Community: Romans 12 and How to Be the ChurchTherefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. (Romans 12:1)

Every day, I make a plan of what I will attempt to accomplish that day. I think most of us do that in some form. However, we know that the day may end up totally different than what we planned. I think that’s a good thing. Being open and flexible to the moving of the Spirit is important. We know that God is always working, and each day that God creates for us gives us opportunity to serve God for the kingdom purpose. If we hold too tight to our plans, we may miss what God has in store for us.

But we need to submit. We need to be obedient to what God has planned. We need to offer ourselves to God to use in whatever way the Lord sees fit. Is that scary for you? Remember God’s promises of not giving you more than you can handle, never leaving you and loving you more than you can imagine. There is no fear in serving God. How many times in the Bible does it say, “Fear not”? However, there is an enemy lurking around that wants you to stay fearful. In Jesus’ name, boot him out.

Prayer: Dear Jesus, thank you for the wonderful plans you have for me today. I will not fear in obeying you and following through on your plans. I pray I may hold my plans loosely and grasp onto yours. Amen

No comments: