Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Writing for God

Writing for God is truly a privilege that comes with a lot of responsibility. I have found that while I enjoy researching and studying the Bible and different Christian resources, there is also a apprehension of making sure I am presenting accurate information to readers. This is healthy though, I think, for it "keeps me on my toes" in presenting God's truth to others and keeps me growing in God's word.

I recently finished creating a curriculum to encourage young people to make good choices in life and how to do that. I truly enjoyed writing this for it helped me recognize how I make choices. Isn't that what the Bible is for to help us reflect and makes changes where needed in our lives so we can be reflections of God's love?

I feel the push from God to finish one of my "started" writing projects. I find it so much easier to write for others than to do my own writing. But I think it is time to push through that and finish one of my projects. I'll post more on that when I am given direction on which one to finish first.

Don't forget to write something today....it's important to keep in good writing shape!

Blessings on your work for the kingdom of God!

3 comments:

Joy Bach said...

Good stuff. I, too, feel the need to write for God. Have a new book called "Blogging for Dummies". this is the first blog I've gone to.

Kathy Bruins said...

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to reading your writing for God. Blessings!

Nola Byrum Boezeman said...

Glad to see you are starting this blog, Kathy. Look forward to reading more.